Corporate Paralegal at FIGS
We are looking for a motivated Corporate Paralegal to join FIGS’ Legal team. You will primarily be responsible for providing legal and administrative support on all matters, including corporate governance, record keeping, securities filings, commercial contracts, intellectual property, etc. This is an exciting opportunity to provide organizational and substantive support to the team and build out new systems and procedures. This role will report to the General Counsel.
What you need to succeed:
The role requires you to be highly collaborative with a positive demeanor; have outstanding organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail; be a self-starter and fast learner with the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment and handle numerous projects simultaneously under pressure; have a growth mindset with flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters and consider multiple solutions to issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Support corporate governance processes, including general record keeping of all company documents and agreements.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements.
- Manage signatures, filings, mailings, as well as maintain and update corporate records relating to signature authority.
- Review and manage the Company's local, state, national and international requirements for business operations and qualifications to do business.
- Ability to support and manage the preparation of securities filings.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Coordinate and manage our compliance calendar and legal filing system.
- Manage requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Responsibilities may change with time and expand upon aptitude and abilities.
- Bachelors degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program
- 6+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- At least 4+ years of in-house corporate paralegal experience
- Outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced non environment
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and draft correspondence relating to business and legal matters
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness and desire to take on new challenges – identify a need and find and carry out a solution
- Positive attitude and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.