Corporate Counsel at GoGuardian (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
As a Corporate Counsel, you will support internal business partners and assist on a broad variety of corporate legal matters. While this role is focused on corporate governance and transactions, you will also be open and able to assist a growing company on other projects and matters when needed. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, ready to grow, and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Oversee broad areas of corporate governance and transactional matters (e.g., drafting Board and committee resolutions, amending bylaws, managing capital table, disclosure and reporting)
- Oversee a wide variety of corporate transactions in any form, including the post-close integration of acquisitions
- Collaborate with and advising cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, accounting, and people to manage corporate transactions and initiatives.
- Act as generalist when needed to help support other areas of the business as needed
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or technology company
- J.D. from a well-regarded law school and active good standing with at least one state bar
- Knowledgeable about technology and software development
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively advise internal business partners by providing them with clear and practical advice
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who operates autonomously while being a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leadership
- Familiarity with a variety of transaction types
- Experience with M&A and investments involving technology companies (especially start up companies)
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.