Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Corporate Counsel will be primarily responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting day-to-day contracts. This position will also support the wide variety of legal needs that arise, including assisting with data privacy and regulatory compliance. This role will be expected to demonstrate sound judgement, balance legal and business risk, and proactively tackle projects in new situations.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements
- Advise and support sales department responding to client requests and other internal business partners on corporate and legal matters
- Help develop, implement, and improve corporate governance and company policies
- Assist with special projects, as needed
Education and Experience:
- Juris doctorate from an ABA-accredited school
- 3-4 years of attorney-level experience
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in California
- Experience with, or interest in learning, technology and data licensing and data protection and security laws
- In-house or law firm experience working with a technology company is a plus
- Strong professionalism, collegiality, and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology LLC
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide-range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant is an Irvine-based company that designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. Capturing and analyzing data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors is essential for companies to improve the experience they provide to their customers—which is paramount to customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers on the move regardless of how they consume content in today’s fragmented media market. The company’s platform is fully RTB-enabled and delivers global scale through access to all leading inventory providers. Adelphic’s patented technology overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers. Founded in 2011, Adelphic was originally funded by Matrix Partners, Blue Chip Venture Company and Google Ventures.
Viant is a private, independent technology company following a management buyout from Meredith Corporation in late 2019. For more information please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.