GOAT's legal team provides critical support and guidance to business teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing and People, among others. We operate leanly so all members of the team can see the tangible impact they are having on the company's business operations and strategic initiatives. We value integrity and take every opportunity to advocate effectively on behalf of the company and its business goals.
Reporting into the Director, Legal & Corporate Affairs, the Corporate Counsel will be responsible for providing support on all corporate commercial matters and advising internal teams on legal issues surrounding the Company’s services and operations.
In this role you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts, policies, terms and correspondence
- Provide day-to-day legal support and legal advice to internal business partners on relevant corporate and legal matters
- Develop, implement, and improve corporate governance and compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Actively assist and provide support on corporate transactional matters and strategic initiatives
- Spearhead legal initiatives from start to finish by working in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Effectively manage outside counsel on complex legal matters
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the organization and develop strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Actively participate in annual and multi-year strategic planning activities
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders from every part of the company as part of cross-functional teams addressing the aforementioned matters
We are looking for:
- Juris doctorate from an accredited law school
- Member of the California or New York Bar Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate transactional role at a national law firm
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, reviewing and drafting a variety of contracts in a broad range of areas
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in various practice areas, including employment law, data privacy, contracts, advertising and consumer laws, and intellectual property
- Emerging companies/startup experience is beneficial
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and integrity with the ability to maintain privileged and confidential information
- Must be resourceful, passionate, committed and excited to work for late-stage emerging company
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description