Corporate Counsel at Boingo Wireless
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.
Are you a legal guru? A detail-oriented, wordsmithing, compliance-loving master of contracts?
If so, then nice to meet you. We’re Boingo legal and we have an amazing opportunity for you.
The Corporate Counsel position will entail drafting, redlining and negotiating client and vendor agreements, providing legal advice to various departments and executives and assisting with SEC filings.
The Boingo employee experience offers a dynamic environment with a start-up vibe. We are an established, award-winning public company that is also on the edge of creativity of technology in the heart of Silicon Beach.
When you land this gig, you will:
- Work as a key contributor to cutting edge deals
- Provide business-savvy advice to our many departments
- Negotiate directly with Boingo’s clients and vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze, interpret and simplify complex concepts into layperson terms
- Draft and negotiate agreements with venue partners, carriers and vendors
- Help with day-to-day compliance and oversee SEC filings
- Serve as the legal point of contact when questions arise in the business
To be considered, you must:
- Have a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school with license to practice law in California
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of law firm and/or in-house experience dealing with corporate transactions, contracts and/or SEC filings
- Be a problem solver in ways that involve both business sense and common sense
- Have self-motivation and discipline and a knack for seeing things through
- Think outside the box when approaching issues and have a “nothing is impossible” attitude
- Be able to meet strict deadlines
Stand out from the crowd with:
- Past experience negotiating a variety of contracts
- Past experience working in the wireless technology industry
- Past experience working with airports, carriers or other Internet providers
- FCC/Regulatory knowledge
- Familiarity with RFPs
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.