We need you, the top notch lawyer, to help promote company growth and protect our interests. You’re as good as they get and you have a background working in the technology space with public sector customers like us so you know what it takes to promote growth while managing risk. You can provide guidance on a wide breadth of matters involving public sector contracts and compliance programs in a technology company, especially at the state and local levels, and ideally you have experience working in K-12 education technology space.
GoGuardian is transforming education. We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices. We're building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next.
- Providing accurate, timely, business-oriented legal advice to all levels of company management and business teams in connection with obtaining and performing a variety of public sector contracts, including public sector end user contracts, sales agreements (including national and state purchasing contracts), partnership agreements, vendor and supplier agreements, and data processing agreements.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge of legal, compliance and third party risk management concepts across, competitive bids and RFPs, insurance, government pricing, FOIA and state equivalents, commercial non-discrimination, conflict of interest, etc.
- Managing the competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring ability for contract compliance
- Expanding our government contracts compliance program
- Enabling scalability of legal operations
- Overseeing relationships with outside counsel
- Willingness to help on other legal projects across the organization
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- California law license or California Registered In-House Counsel
- 6+ years as a practicing attorney. Big law experience highly preferred and some in-house experience at a technology company preferred
- Experience with state and local public sector procurement, contracts, and compliance in technology companies is preferred (with some comparable federal experience being somewhat helpful)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the desire and ability to partner across company departments
- Comfort and skill working in a fast-paced, high-growth technology environment
- Experience working in the K-12 education space
- Passionate about youth education
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description