At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
The Associate Counsel, Compliance and Regulatory will be the first member of the GoodRx legal team focused solely on compliance and regulatory issues and will be an integral part of a fast-growing team that is expanding quickly from a marketing and product perspective.
The Associate Counsel, Compliance and Regulatory will own important processes related to marketing and product and provide timely review and guidance from a regulatory perspective. You will help assess and provide guidance for new products and features in the direct-to-consumer and healthcare space from early stages of development through launch. You will become an in-house expert on and provide timely review and guidance for our consumer messaging and marketing programs, materials and tactics. You will also be in charge of reviewing, updating and architecting training and compliance programs related to consumer outreach and advertising across multiple channels.
You will be expected to stay up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations, including guidance in the area of marketing, healthcare, privacy and data protection and to proactively architect compliance programs to make sure our marketing and products complaint.
You will have the opportunity to pitch in on other matters as needed as part of a fast-moving, lean, efficient legal organization.
The Associate Counsel, Compliance and Regulatory will report to the GoodRx’s General Counsel and will be based out of GoodRx’s Santa Monica, CA headquarters.
- Advise on various federal and state health regulatory issues, including regulations related to telemedicine, telemedicine modality requirements, and licensure and credentialing requirements, state corporate practice of medicine provisions, HIPAA and state data privacy and federal and state anti-kickback and referral prohibitions
- Update, provide and architect guidelines, training and compliance program in the areas of healthcare regulatory compliance, such as such as telemedicine, corporate practice of medicine and HIPAA
- Provide guidance and advice on marketing and advertising programs and review cross-channel consumer communication and advertising materials
- Update, provide and architect company-wide guidelines, training and compliance program for creating advertising and customer communications to ensure advertising, promotional, and other customer facing materials are compliant with applicable regulations, including FTC guidelines.
- Develop and routinely update SOPs and working instructions to facilitate an efficient and effective review process
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing and product teams
Skills & Qualifications
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and at least 2-3 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience in the healthcare compliance space
- You are familiar with healthcare laws related to telemedicine, corporate practice of medicine, anti-kickback and data privacy, including HIPAA and applicable state laws
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment, and handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- Willingness to learn new subject matters quickly and take on and drive projects from start to finish
- You have experience with digital and direct-to-consumer companies and advertising, and familiarity with advertising regulations
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.