UI Design Intern
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
UI design intern
We are looking for an eager UI Design Intern (paid) to work at our office in Chinatown, LA. The ideal candidate will intern for 3-6 months.
As a UI Design Intern, you will be responsible for supporting our design team with creating pattern libraries, building out full mockup deliverables, as well as graphic design work. You must have an eye for aesthetics, be able to grasp business, product, and technical concepts quickly, and work cooperatively with our design team to push initiatives forward with urgency and excitement.
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, hungry, up-and-coming designer who is enthusiastic about tech to build valuable digital design skills across both web and mobile interfaces (and beyond). You will be working on real products that are set to launch so you will come out with deliverables that will be an asset to your portfolio.
- Perform design work across a variety of areas
- Responsive web
- Native apps (iOS & Android)
- Internal marketing materials and deliverable templates
- Provide design-related support to our design and product teams
- Create and design print and digital material.
- A strong eye for aesthetics
- Strong interest in technology and the internet as well as app and web design; more importantly, genuine desire to learn more in a hands-on experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with design software (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, and grid systems is a plus
- Experience with web or app development is a big plus
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship