Summer Internship - Software Engineering
At Tala, we are building the future of credit in emerging markets. We have helped tens of thousands of people access instant loans for growing their businesses, and will reach millions more in the next few years. Tackling the demand for instant and easy access to financial services around the globe is no easy task, but Tala plans to solve the problem through a smart, data-driven platform. To achieve that goal, we need more like-minded individuals passionate about wrestling a large social challenge through analytics and experimentation. The Engineering Intern will contribute directly to Tala’s mission by helping to build and optimize products.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Building Scalable Web and Mobile Applications
- Optimizing technology for Emerging Markets
- Working in an Agile Environment
- Hand on experience with various technologies like Android, Python, PHP, MongoDB, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Passion for testing, building, and analytics
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamically changing environment and excited to bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work
- Naturally curious with a tendency to think non-traditionally
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and great at solving unstructured problems
- Experience in financial services and/or emerging markets
WHY IT’S AWESOME TO WORK HERE!
- Casual office environment in Santa Monica close to the beach
- Collaborative work environment with an international team
- Wine Down Wednesdays, happy hours, team events
- A company that works with you to learn, grow and excel in your career
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.