Software Engineering Intern - Performance Brands & Partners at Leaf Group
Software Engineers Wanted!
You can shape your internship: You will create user experiences that help people. You either jump-start your front-end software engineering career or you can turn your Python skills into beast mode. Our goal is for you to become a self-sufficient team member.
Preference given to candidates with prior experience.
What You Can Expect:
You can choose between two paths.
- CSS <-- only apply if you feel confident about your skill.
- UI design and layout
- Python <-- only apply if you feel confident about your skill.
- Data Science (We do a ton of NLP and Image analysis)
- BigQuery, Flask, Mongo, Elastic Search
- We use the best parts of AWS and Google Cloud.
What You Will Gain:
- You will learn good programming habits
- We have millions of visitors, serving that traffic requires teamwork
- You will learn the internet publishing business.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, Data Science
What You Have:
- You must be able to work onsite from our Santa Monica Office for at least 20 hours/week.
- You must be able to commit to a 3-month internship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate) and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparabsly's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.