Software Engineering Intern, 2020
Summer 2020 Internship/Co-op
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
This opening is for a three to four month paid internship/co-op on our Engineering team. We are looking for smart engineers passionate about building software and solving hard problems. Our Engineering Team values problem-solving, collaboration, constant learning, and curiosity about how things work. We hire engineers who want to be better at their job today than they were yesterday. With a strong focus on ownership, learning, and development, Honey is the ideal place to grow your career and make an impact on products that are used by millions.
About The Role: Internship opportunities are available on several teams within our engineering organization. As an intern, you will help with several new releases and play a hands-on role in making Honey even better. You will get to work with a diverse group of people to create solutions at scale, delivering high reliability, and an exceptional user experience using the latest technology. We primarily use Node.js, Python, Scala, and Go, depending on which team you join. We run a microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with experienced engineers for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer.
What You'll Do:
- Work within one of our mission teams (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Apply your knowledge to real-world challenges
- Learn new coding languages specific to your team
- Work directly with and be mentored by engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers in an open, creative environment
- Participate in lunch n' learns, workshops, educational and social events, tailored for our interns
- You believe in actively tackling new challenges and view ambiguity as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are eager to learn. Technology is ever-changing, and you are always working to level-up your skills and acquire new ones.
- You understand that while technology is important, it needs to work in tandem with other aspects of the company and teams to be successful.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. At Honey, we think big and move fast.
- You have solid algorithm skills.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Experience working with consumer-facing applications
- MySQL experience
- You are a Honey user
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Housing stipend
- Travel reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Free daily catered lunch and snacks
- Fitness classes
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.