SEC Reporting and Compliance Intern
SEC Reporting and Compliance Intern
- Assist in the preparation and management of quarterly and annual earnings releases and periodic SEC filings (e.g., Forms 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, etc.).
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to facilitate SEC filings and to gather financial and non-financial information for use in SEC filings
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and perform other financial analysis on an as-needed basis
- Draft financial statements and footnote disclosures for SEC filings by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information as needed
- Review and maintain supporting documentation to substantiate information included in each SEC filing
- Own and maintain the Accounting team calendar including scheduling of external auditor fieldwork dates and internal and external meetings, ensuring participation by required attendees
- Assist with logistical arrangements for external auditor fieldwork (e.g., badging, conference room reservations, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage audit requests received from external auditors and other third parties including daily follow-up with internal personnel on the status of past-due items
- Perform and coordinate the annual SOX audit and any other internal audit reviews that may be considered necessary
- Track compliance by process owners for updating process narratives and process flowcharts through to submission to external auditors, where required
- Assist with management and documentation for annual walkthroughs of the key processes
- Coordinate tests of operating effectiveness to be conducted by a third-party consulting firm on remaining key controls
- Perform reviews of service organization control reports including evaluation of end user control considerations and evaluation of impact of any unpremeditated deficiencies identified
- Ad-hoc assignments and special projects
- Must have completed introductory level Accounting courses and in process with intermediate level Accounting courses
- Accounting GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.