Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Development Development Intern (Full Time, hourly, temporary) will learn the day-to-day and overall workflow of Content Development. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Spend the summer building a talent & social media format tracking list that culiminates in a presentation of development reccomendatios to senior content team.
- Take notes during Development meetings
- Work with VP and Director of Development as needed
- Maintain and create schedules and spreadsheets
- Perform research on projects as needed such as talent or topics
- Organizing development materials
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong command or project details, self-motivated and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Baseline understanding, interest, or experience in the entertainment industry a plus
- Proactive and passionate
- Excellent team player with willingness to learn
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Google Calendar and Drive
- Experience with non-linear editing systems, especially Avid Media Composer a plus
- Experience with Photoshop and Motion graphics a huge plus
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.