WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a successful, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting and video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Production Assistant Intern to join us during our 2021 Summer Internship Program. Golden Hippo’s Internship Program will run from June 7th – August 27th. We are planning an internship experience that will provide interns with an experiential experience where the interns can learn new skills that can benefit a long-term career. There will be great opportunities for project work, professional development, networking opportunities as well as social activities. The Production Assistant Intern will work alongside our Studio Production team to improve the function of the studio and to properly track assets while working in connection to QC Team.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be innovative, take initiative and grow. You will work among friends every day you will see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant, and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Fun events and regular celebrations
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Assist producers/directors in preparing for upcoming shoots
- Cross-train to cover in other areas of production
- Pulling, viewing and logging/transcribing video assets as needed
- Update various spreadsheets
- Ensure video exports are uploaded to proper editshare folder
- Duplicate and tag videos into google drive
- Order food for shoots and make runs
- Organize production equipment in equipment room
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 1 year of production or post-production experience, but 3 years are preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic Google Docs experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Have a demonstrated interest in OR professional experience with some kind of filmed entertainment
- Good organizational skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.