We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are a growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We look for creativity, craftsmanship, and the ability to solve difficult problems. Our passion is building products and services for new companies that change people’s lives. Together, we are helping our partners own the next horizon of innovation and create magic.
The Role: Product Manager.
Product managers are builders that bear overall responsibility for product definition and delivery. Product managers work with design, strategy and engineering to create a compelling vision culminating with delivery of a disruptive product to market that fits customer needs. The product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team, and manages the incubation/commercialization process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through lean, agile based incubation and commercialization process – e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
Product Managers must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices. They must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a product manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers.
We are looking for students currently pursing Graduate degrees. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience working on one of our current Ventures.
As an Intern, you will need:
- Currently pursuing an MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from an accredited University
- Experience with strategy development, business planning and modeling
- Resume and Cover Letter; completion of a practical
- Abilities planning, prioritizing, and organizing work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Creative problem solving skills
Ideally, you will have:
- 1+ years of relevant product management experience
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
- Experience with test-driven development
As a Product Manager intern, you will use your skills to:
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Monitor and report on product KPIs
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Assist in the development of materials to communicate progress to partners and clients
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/.
Application Deadline for 2018 is December 7th.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.