Part-time Internship - Textile and Print Designer at Reformation
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Intern Textile Designer
Prints are what Reformation does best! As intern textile designer at Reformation you will be responsible for assisting with producing our textile designs from concept to execution. You are individual who is highly creative, has great taste, enthusiasm for learning new skills, drive, and flexibility. This is a part-time position with potential to become full time.
- Experience in textile design or printmaking. Trained in textile design preferred
- Strong understanding of print and color directions as it applies to key categories
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Proficiency at hand-drawing
- Strong eye for color
- Strong organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
Research & Development:
- Assist with researching innovative printing techniques to stay ahead of market
- Assist with researching marketplace, runaway and influencer trends
- Assist with sourcing vintage artwork
- Assist with developing textile prints concepts
- Applying color to print artwork concepts
- Develop technical spec sheets to support artwork.
- Send print packages and lab dip requests to overseas & domestic vendors
- Assist with the coordination of developments internally & externally
- Assist with reviewing & obtaining approvals on strike offs
- Research assist with creating and managing creative decks
- Manage fabric room archive, reference binders
- Maintain fabric planning tools
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion