Media Internship at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for media sites including CNN, Mashable, IGN, Entrepreneur, Yahoo!, and Huffpost as well as empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 7.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2019 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for analyzing data, reviewing media plans, and thinking creatively about innovative strategies to make sure marketing campaigns reach the client’s target audience in the most effective way possible
- Research different media channels for clients and seek to understand their key performance indicators and demographics preferences
- Devise and recommend strategies for using certain media effectively to attract and retain eyeballs, increase brand recognition, win customers, and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Support StackMedia team in understanding each client’s wants, needs and objectives and then make the important decisions about what media channels should be used for specific campaigns.
- Work with Ad Operations to identify operational inefficiencies and use data to make recommendations for improving workflows between internal teams
- Learn to negotiate with a variety of media publishers to ensure efficiencies for our clients
- Play a key role in developing and analyzing campaign results and making strategic recommendations for optimization
- Absorb. Be fully immersed in a fast-paced and profitable start up! Dive in and have the opportunity to contribute to multiple teams across the company
- Contribute. Have meaningful input on projects across the StackMedia team.
- Learn. See what it's like to work in Silicon Beach. Network. Try new things. Gain valuable insights into media and e-commerce.
- Analytical. Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Experience with Excel is a must, Google Analytics a plus.
- Tech Guru. Strong familiarity with online media and advertising.
- Organized. Highly organized with the ability to juggle several things at once and prioritize time-sensitive projects.
- Dedicated. You go above and beyond because you are driven to succeed. You make educated, logical decisions but also know there’s a time for trusting your intuition, vision and heart.
- Detail-Oriented. You strive for perfection in everything you do.
- Teachable. You enjoy learning and are ready to be pushed out of your comfort zone.
Benefits + Perks:
- Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
- Beach Equipment: Stand Up Paddle Boards, Surf Boards, Corn Hole, Racquets and more!