Market Research Intern (Fall) at Spectrum (Greater LA Area, CA)
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and over 100 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach's consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers. You can learn more about us at www.spectrumreach.com
Watch this video to view what some of our interns said about our 2023 Summer program:
WHAT WE OFFER...
Competitive pay for both our undergrad, graduate and technology positions.
- Internship will last approximately 10 weeks.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater at time of application
- At time of application, you must be enrolled in an educational institution.
As an intern, you will help our Market Research & Insights department do the following:
- Champion the viewer. Tap into 1st party and 3rd party data to tell a holistic, unified story on modern TV viewing. Change how our advertisers think about their customer.
- Study the industry. Keep a pulse on consumer and television trends and synthesize your perspective with your peers and your sales teams. Find the patterns in the market no one else sees.
- Delight our clients. Spectrum Reach has access to a wealth of audience and industry data. Some of which has never been seen by our advertisers and only Spectrum can provide. Help us find the stories that matter most to our clients.
The objective is to create an in depth analysis of media consumption in an important Charter market that will help inform Spectrum Reach sales strategy using proprietary set top box data and syndicated research tools.
Analyze viewership patterns for a Spectrum Reach market examining audience characteristics, viewership patterns and other items
Items to examine include audience composition, demographic composition, and network duplication
The goal of the analysis would be to inform sales strategy in the market
The intern will work with their supervisor to clarify the business questions the project will answer. The intern will determine what analyses should be conducted and will then gather the required data. Once the analysis is completed, the intern will create insights and show how the results can impact Spectrum Reach sales. The intern will also have the opportunity to present results to Spectrum Reach leadership.
- Clarify business question the analysis will seek to answer
- Determine what data and analysis are required
- Collect data from set top box database
- Conduct analysis and distill insights from results
- Build report and presentation
- Present findings to Spectrum Reach leadership
- Ideally working towards a quantitative degree such as mathematics, economics, or statistics
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience finding insights/telling stories using data
- Experience using PowerPoint
- Exposure to relational databases a plus
GGN100 2023-20218 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$00 to $00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.