Legal Intern at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Legal Department Intern [seasonal] will support the operational functions of the Legal Department. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review and identification/analysis of legal issues in commercial agreements with focus on intellectual property
- Crafting correspondences related to the policing and enforcement of intellectual property portfolio
- Research and analysis of current legal and business trends affecting anti-piracy, data protection and privacy
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders on a cross-functional basis
- Review, entry and organizing of key data
- The intern will be called upon to make presentations of the results of his or her research as required
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Student currently pursuing J.D.and/or LLM
- 0 or better grade point average at an ABA-accredited law schoo
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Prior law experience is preferable
- Preferable to have taken courses in US copyright and trademark
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.