Internship Program Manager
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot’s Talent Discipline has a shared identity of caring deeply about the player experience - it’s our mission to build a work environment where Rioters can do their best work for excited players globally. We demonstrate our craft knowledge in the human resources field, whether it is sourcing, hiring, performance management, total rewards, or learning and development to support Riot Games. That's where you come in.
As Program Manager, on University Programs, you’ll craft the summer internship experience by using feedback from interns and managers, and make data informed decisions to continually evolve it. Though programs are your bread and butter, you’re no stranger to the recruiting side of University Relations, and will dive head first into recruiting at peak season to help your team thrive. This role is responsible for the continuous engagement of students before they arrive, their onboarding, learning and development, and of course, fun! You’ll balance a heavy logistical load with housing, events, and vendor management. You’ll own your budget, ensuring purchases are aligned with the team forecasting and overall values. We’re a small but mighty team and shift our focus as needed with an all hands on deck mentality.
- Design and iterate on the existing Internship Program in line with Riot’s values
- Plan and manage budget for the program
- Teach and develop onboarding and career development courses in partnership with L&D
- Manage relationships and expectations with Stakeholders
- Travel to campuses across the country to recruit students -during peak season September - November
- Full cycle recruiting during peak season September - November
- Think strategically about Riot’s campus brand and ways to enhance it
- Greenhouse or comparable Applicant Tracking Software
- G Suite with an emphasis on Drive, Docs, Calendar, and Sheets
- 2 years of experience in Program Management
- Knowledge of University Relations and Recruiting space
- Strong communicator, you’re able to communicate with everyone from a coordinator to CEO
- Experienced in building meaningful customer relationships across disciplines
- HR policy knowledge a plus
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).