Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
The AvantStay Internship Program offers a unique look into the quickly growing short term rental market. We will open the doors to this new real estate asset class coupled with high-tech solutions that will provide an unparalleled guest experience. This is an opportunity to build a career in a massive industry growing at an exponential rate. Our interns are tasked with real, meaningful projects and responsibilities aimed at helping build both the Company and the skillset of the intern. AvantStay provides growth opportunities and mentorship in a fast-paced environment and seeks those who are passionate about hospitality, real estate, and technology.
The Summer Program is a full-time program for about 10-12 weeks depending on availability. All interns will work remotely.
What you'll do...
- Assist with projects from conception to design to home installation with a very quick turnaround
- Work closely with the design, marketing and operations team to create and implement brand standards
- Assist with drawing and managing furniture layouts
- Assist with sourcing all finishing touches, including but not limited to, fixtures, furnishings, lighting & accessories
- Conduct research to incorporate local art/flair to each property
- Help compile, organize and reconcile expenses for each project
- Gain exposure to budget management and scheduling
- Help maintain AvantStay’s design library
- Receiving, packing, and shipping styling kits across all markets
What you'll bring...
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design preferred
- Portfolio of work related to interior design
- Familiarity with the interior design process, from design development, furnishings selection and installation
- A hunger to learn about our industry, comfortable with a fast paced environment and love startup life; dedication to hospitality and to creating communal spaces is central to your work
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts; you are able to work both autonomously and within a team
- Must be LA-based in order to handle receiving, packing, and shipping styling kits
Perks + Benefits...
- Hourly Rate DOE
- Team bonding and Company events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description