Fall Internship, Streaming Marketing – Santa Monica
Interested in the music industry? Want to learn more about Universal Music Group? Our paid Internship Program is designed to provide motivated and interested students with knowledge of the music entertainment industry. Today's students will become tomorrow's leaders, and our goal is to provide these individuals with a meaningful,educational and fun work experience!
If you have a passion for music consumption through streaming platforms, then we want to hear from you! Participating in this internship will expose you to: Spotify playlisting and promotion, mastery of how to increase engagement for artists and brands on all social outlets, familiarity with online marketing tools and ability to analyze campaign performance, summarize key insights and recommend actions to improve.
Applicants MUST be creative, willing to learn, have a flexible schedule, and of course, want to have fun.
- Creating social content for artists and clients
- Pulling data for insights and analysis
- Strategizing and executing ways to promote artists & clients in order to grow their fan base across all social
- Engaging in brainstorming sessions for global marketing campaigns
- Developing Spotify promotion strategies to assist the promotions team, as well as label artists
- Various day-to-day maintenance tasks for all streaming, marketing/social media and advertising accounts
- Driven and hardworking
- Working knowledge of social media and a strong desire to learn more about the digital marketing world
- Come to work with ideas to help increase engagement and awareness for artists and brands
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of music streaming services and promotions
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Pixelmator or other web design tools is a plus, but not necessary
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads (Power Editor, Ads Manager) & Google Analytics is a plus, but not necessary
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student and at least sophomore standing
- Minimum of 15 hours of availability each week during business hours
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.