Data Scientist Intern, Master's or PhD Summer 2020
About This Role
Apeel’s position in the global fresh produce supply chain provides access to a plethora of data from unique data sources from the farm to the grocery store. The data scientist is tasked with cleaning, organizing, and analyzing this data to glean meaningful insights and opportunities, as well as building predictive models to automate and streamline business decision-making. Data scientists routinely work cross-functionally with scientists, business strategy, sales, marketing, finance, and software engineering to define and execute projects.
What You’ll Do
- Build custom data interaction tools with a clean API in Python
- R&D in machine learning and pipeline building
- Data wrangling
- Perform statistical analyses on datasets, e.g., hypothesis testing
What You Bring
- Pursuing a graduate degree in a quantitative field (computer science, data science, engineering, statistics, disciplines with related applications.)
- Programming ability
- Knowledge of various visualization and data science libraries is desirable (matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy, SciKit-Learn, Pandas, networkx)
- Willingness to learn and explore
- Ability to communicate findings through presentations and written reports
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.