Who we are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available in Home Depot stores across the country, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo even more available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
- Individuals Make an Impact
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on User Experience
- Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. You will be a member of the Flo Technologies Data Team that encompasses data science, data warehousing, BI and big data technologies. You will work with the Director of Data Science to build machine learning solutions with the Flo iOT data set.
As a Data Science Intern, you will:
- Construct practical data-processing solutions using statistics and machine learning.
- Implement algorithms in software and evaluate performance.
- Share learnings with the team by writing documentation and presenting results.
- Hone your skills in software development, cloud computing, statistics and machine learning.
- Participate in team process for planning, developing, and delivering products.
- Must be in final year of Masters degree program in science or engineering.
- Specific interest in Data Science.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and digging deep into problem solving.
- Flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
- Experience using statistics and machine learning to solve real-world problems.
- Experience writing data analysis software in Python and/or R.
- Experience implementing solutions in Unix/Linux including shell-scripting.
- Experience working with relational databases.
Read Full Job Description