Data Analytics Intern
We’re looking for a Data Analytics Intern to work alongside our Revenue Analytics Engineering Team to provide stakeholders across the business with actionable insights and reliable data. This individual will be responsible for building out reports and dashboards, building data models in SQL, as well as fixing data inconsistencies. This role will offer the opportunity to learn and contribute to the analytics initiative at a fast-paced technologies company.
As a Data Analytics Intern at Procore, you’ll be part of a larger internship class of 50 plus peers in different fields, you’ll have access to networking sessions and professional development trainings, and be assigned a mentor dedicated to guiding you through the process of learning.
What you'll do:
- Build reports and dashboards to help business teams easily access data insights
- Monitoring and reviewing data displayed in Looker; define and execute checks for quality control in Looker weekly
- Data querying and building relational data models using SQL
- Help validate and improve data quality and investigate any data inconsistencies
- Build out data documentation and track business processes
- Working with stakeholders of various business teams to understand their analytics needs
- Perform ad hoc analysis using R or Python to analyze data, and generate data visualizations and meaningful business insights
What we're looking for:
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year degree program at an accredited university with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Able to work 15 ~ 20 hours per week
- Legally authorized to live and work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Pursuing a degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in data analysis using Excel
- Knowledge of basic SQL
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill technical subjects to non-technical audience
- Quick learner with strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for data integrity, always finding ways to improve data quality and insights
Nice to Have:
- Experience using R or Python (pandas, numpy) for data wrangling, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience with visualizing data with Looker, Tableau, or any other BI tool
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. We understand that you may incur expenses related to taking this opportunity - whether it’s travel, renting, commuting, or whatever comes your way, we would like to support you. All interns joining the Procore team who are active students or recent graduates will receive a signing bonus and full access to all on-campus perks.