Business Development & Sales Intern
About the Internship
BloomNation is revolutionizing the way flowers are sent online. We connect people with top artisan florists from around the country by quickly and easily showing what unique floral arrangements are available locally. Here’s your opportunity to get your foot in the door at Los Angeles’ hottest startup. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the success of what will be the next Etsy/Amazon/Ebay (no joke!). Our investors include the same venture capital firms behind Instagram and Facebook. As a member of our team, you'll be an integral part of an all-star team building a top national brand. Not to mention, you will never have to worry about missing a delivery on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day flowers again!
What We Expect
You'll work closely with the marketing and sales/BD team to support the success of our national network of florists while performing the following responsibilities.
• Researching prospect list for the nation’s best local florists
• AB testing & analyzing sales strategies
• Expedite florist web shop setup and catalog creation
• Research corporate account leads
• Online product merchandising
• Help maintain Saleforce.com CRM
• Projects as needed
Status: Part-time (Minimum 20 hours/week)
This is an paid internship with the opportunity for growth into a full-time paid position.
Reports to: Sales Operations ManagerRequirements
• Passionate about startups and technology
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Research & Business Development skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com and/or other CRM systems a plus
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Superior communication skills
• Creative writing skills
• Love and appreciation for flowers and home decor!
• A service-oriented attitude focused on solutions and streamlining of processes
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions, including florists, developers, sales and support, to ensure company brand values and image are followed
• A work style and strong sense of integrity that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization
• Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
• Thrives in the organized chaos of a start-up environment
• Others would describe you as: service-oriented, quick learner, patient, multi-tasker, detail-oriented, resourceful, efficient, flexible, focused, organized, strong communicator, tech savvy, self-managing, accountable, a natural problem-solver
• Experience in fast-paced technology industry
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other photo editors
• Some knowledge/interest in the floral industry and/or e-commerce and small business solutions
• Familiarity with e-commerce database systems, quality assurance and/or online merchandising