VP - Total Rewards at sweetgreen
Sweetgreen is currently seeking a Vice President of Total Rewards to lead our Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll teams. You will partner with key stakeholders to build and implement a world-class Total Rewards Program for Sweetgreen team members. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the successful candidate will use a proactive and innovative approach to ensure that our rewards are competitive, drive business results, are aligned with our culture, and are understood and valued by our team members. This person must be both a strategic leader and hands-on contributor who is passionate about how compensation and benefits directly impact the employee experience and can be differentiated for Sweetgreen’s competitive environment. This individual will also have deep experience in Executive Compensation programs, designing and owning them, preferably with pre-IPO / readiness experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead the SG comprehensive strategy for Total Rewards using compelling and equitable compensation and benefits programs aimed at attracting and retaining world-class talent in a competitive environment and across multi-disciplines and business units (often with very different cultures and strategic objectives)
- Provide strategic direction, planning, and requirements to execute the design, implementation, communication, and administration of SG compensation programs
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure that our benefits strategy aligns with company values and will attract, engage and retain top talent for the organization, including evaluation, design, implementation, communication, and compliance for health & welfare, time-off & flexibility, and disability plans, plus other “perks”
- Stay on top of Total Rewards’ trends and offerings to ensure SG’s are meaningful and modern
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and market trends; make recommendations for changes, as appropriate
- Manage the effective communication of compensation, benefits and wellness programs to achieve team member awareness, understanding and appreciation of the programs offered
- Ensure all programs are administered in compliance with regulations nationally. This includes management of all compliance filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee compensation programs either directly or through vendor/partners
- Serve as an integral member of the People Leadership Team to advise on programs impacting the organization as a whole and collaborate with People Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of their various client groups.
- Prepare materials for SG executive team and Board of Directors
What you’ll bring:
- Experience: 15+ years of relevant work experience in Compensation, Benefits and / or Total Rewards, or HR Operations
- Education: BA/BS Degree
- Prior experience designing executive compensation plans (incentive plans and equity strategy/equity plan design) for a pre-IPO company and/or managing executive compensation at a public company
- A history of successful interaction, influence and collaboration with all levels of stakeholders, internally and externally including senior executives, Finance and Legal partners, and People team colleagues/peers
- Customer service orientation both with employees and across the People function (in particular with our People Business Partner team)
- Consultative approach – can effectively solicit feedback on all aspects of total rewards and adapt changes when needed
- Expert knowledge of Health and Wellness Programs
- Expertise with financial modeling to support compensation plan design, forecasting, plan performance in partnership with finance
- Experience with 401(k) administration, employment contracts
- Experience leading roadmaps and teams to support the execution of rewards and payroll
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent change management and project management skills
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, but complex & decentralized environment
- Good business acumen and awareness of business trends
- High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity
- Experience with UltiPro a plus
- Experience working with or helping to implement an HR Shared Service Model a plus
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free Sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
Sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.