We are looking for an Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity leader who will be responsible for developing and aligning the company to execute IE&D strategies. This individual is passionate about building inclusive cultures and attracting and developing top talent from varied backgrounds and experiences. As Vice President of Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity, you will serve as a credible expert and adviser to the CEO and Executive Management Team. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to advance our mission of building a diverse organization where every employee can bring their authentic self to work and be supported and recognized for their efforts.
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate the transformation of inclusion, equality and diversity at BlackLine.
- Serve as an independent advisor to our CEO and Executive Management Team to bring credibility, and a deeper understanding of the complexity of IE&D across the ecosystem.
- Influence executive support on initiatives and commitments to shape our inclusion, equality, and diversity strategy
- Create internal and external visibility to diversity opportunities, efforts and impacts advancing our desire to be an industry leader.
- Advise the organization on marketing insights and best practices including recruiting and retention, pipeline development, compliance, markets, communications, external relations and partnerships, events and sponsorships, and global diversity and inclusion.
- Lead organizational change by identifying new programs or initiatives that can bolster diversity within BlackLine.
- Provide subject matter expertise, strategic planning, thought leadership, coaching, education and consultancy to leaders to become a more inclusive and diverse organization leading to key IE&D business outcomes.
- Design and implement IE&D change initiatives that foster a culture of inclusion and drive engagement, broaden and enhance the employee experience while cultivating an environment for employee led efforts.
- Grow the Employee Resource Group (ERG) strategy, provide leadership and support to empower and strengthen our internal communities.
- Play a meaningful role in our Corporate Social Responsibility strategies. Identify and develop key external partnerships to create access to diverse talent today and in the future through long term partnerships. (Philanthropic organizations, STEM schools).
- Partner with our Legal and Government Affairs teams on external events and legislation that has an impact on our employees and/or our business.
- Partner with the HRIS team to develop dashboards and methodology for analyzing metrics to measure effectiveness of the IE&D strategy.
- Advise & collaborate with key stakeholders, Internal Communications, and Marketing to enhance internal and external branding.
- Identify policies and processes required for the attraction and inclusion of diverse talent.
- Develop and launch new programs targeting early career and diverse populations.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and diversity in the broader industry and help guide us on the path to reflecting our D&I values in our products and helping to change the industry/world.
- Partner closely with the People Team to shape high-impact IE&D learning across the organization, innovating to ensure desired impact for specific needs, reducing our biases, and ensuring we develop a deeper understanding and acumen around the impact of privilege and personal responsibility for change.
- 10+ years of Human Resources and five years of dedicated Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop an inclusion, equality and diversity framework that is connected to an organization's mission and business strategy.
- Proven ability to successfully influence and collaborate across the company and at every level, to help create common goals and a vision of the future of an inclusive workplace.
- A fast learner and decisive leader with a quick mind, sound judgment, and excellent problem solving / critical thinking skills.
- Possesses a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class results.
- Positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior communication skills and high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix; ability to interface with Senior Leadership team effectively; comfortable with broad and frank discussions; ability to coach and mentor across the organization.
- Proven change management skills, the ability to influence and drive initiatives across functions, levels, and regions; tough-minded with courage of conviction, yet collaborative and professional.
- Able to contribute strategically to the broader needs and goals of the business, strong business acumen, intellectually curious and data driven.