Vice President of Human Resources
Boingo Wireless helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of DAS, Wi-Fi, private networks, small cells, and towers reaches more than a billion people annually, making Boingo one of the largest providers of indoor wireless networks. You’ll find Boingo connecting people at airports, stadiums, military bases, as well as commercial and industrial properties.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in our collaboration, ability to pivot, and how we take care of each other as a team. Our VP of HR will help foster the environment that has promoted the engagement of our team. As Vice President of Human Resources, you will be the organizational leader charged with managing the people elements of our strategic planning and execution. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative organization, embraces challenges, and can operate at 50,000 feet and roll up their sleeves and digging in to solve issues – large and small.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead the team that handles all Human Resources operations for an increasing number of remote home-based staff, as well as offices in Los Angeles, and New York. You will also have frequent interaction with the entire executive team, helping to develop and support our business strategy, and implementing people-related plans. Ultimately, your impact will span talent acquisition, development, and retention, supporting organizational productivity, and our distinctive culture.
This is a remote position, with quarterly travel to offices in NY and LA.
What does the job entail?
- Own the creation, delivery and effectiveness of several core human resources programs, initiatives and policies across employee life cycle to promote A-level talent attraction, retention, and development
- Oversee payroll, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, training & development, compliance, and employee relations
- Creating and implement effective diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, focused on measurable results
- Collaborate with the executive team to support Boingo’s vision, help actualize our objectives, build our team, and strengthen our culture
- Develop and continually manage and refine scalable human resources processes to keep improving the employee experience and ensure ongoing competitiveness
- Working with HR Staff, mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel on appropriate methods for resolution
- Manage exit and onboarding processes
- Consult with executive team, and company leaders to assess, develop, implement, and re-assess human resources programs.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts on occasion.
- Manage and develop the HR, facilities, and talent acquisition teams
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law matters related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance, including OFCCP, and Cal OSHA compliance
- Develop effective team relationships to foster thoughtful HR practices among company leaders, and improved engagement and morale throughout
Is this you?
- Proven success a senior level, or VP experience in a fast-paced environment, with multiple offices across geographies
- 7+ years of HR Generalist/HRBP with leadership experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role. Experience reporting to CEO or CFO is a plus
- Experience creating and implementing effective diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, with proven results
- Proven track-record partnering with executives to help achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and gain insights from human resources analytics to inform decision making and provide proactive, creative solutions to business leaders
- Experience managing human resources operations including payroll, benefits, recruiting, training and development, as well as compliance
- High EQ / interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation & coaching skills
- Well-organized with excellent project management and leadership experience
- Outstanding communication (public speaking experience a plus)
- Highly agile and adaptable to changes within a fast-paced dynamic environment. At Boingo our success is based on changing before we have to. That’s the nature of the competitive wireless industry
- Experience with the HR side of mergers & acquisitions a plus
- Experience with Affirmative Action and OFCCP Compliance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, HR Certifications a plus
- Able and willing to work from Boingo’s NY and / or LA offices at least once quarterly, as well as traveling to other locations periodically.
- Experience in high tech companies
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.