Talent Partner at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Talent Partner, you will work with managers and business leaders to unlock the potential of our employees and teams. You will be a unifier, an employee champion, and a trusted partner. You will not only serve as a consultant and advisor on people related issues, but will also identify needs and support the development of solutions to a variety of complex business challenges.
- Build relationships with managers and leaders to optimize team performance and engagement
- Partner with leaders and provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, change management, data reporting and analysis, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Talent team to identify and support the development of solutions, programs and policies that support business and employee growth
- Identify, escalate, and navigate employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Participate in evaluation of training programs; follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist
- Support organizational design and large-scale change initiatives
- Advise the design and execution of organizational people strategy
- Flex seamlessly between multiple product and project teams, adding ‘off-title’ value in a thoughtful, prioritized way
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of HR Business Partner or generalist experience directly supporting managers and leaders – bonus points for experience at high-growth companies
- A combination of intermediate HR experience in the following areas: performance management, recognition programs, culture, engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and complex employee relations management
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and influence with or without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated curiosity and motivation to roll up your sleeves and learn, at their core, how businesses operate
- Passion for our mission - we’re working on an exciting, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited about that as we are.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description