If you ever found yourself paying $40 for a cup of coffee (and you’re not insane) then you’re already familiar with the $33B problem we’re trying to solve - overdrafts (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/bank-overdraft-fees-are-here-to-stay).
To fight against that, Dave helps you budget for your upcoming expenses and lets you advance a portion of your paycheck with no interest. Instead of charging interest or predatory fees, Dave lets users decide what is fair to pay. We also plant a tree for every % tip.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
We are started by a 4X entrepreneur ($85mm exit) and are backed by investors like Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, David Friedberg, The Kraft Group, SRI, Diplo and more.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
We are looking for someone eager to help shape the future team during an exciting time of growth at Dave. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this seasoned recruiter will lead and execute hiring efforts for all levels and functions across the company, with a heavy volume in Software Engineering. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in protecting and evolving the Dave's culture by finding amazing talent to bring into the organization, building the employer brand externally, and improving overall selection capabilities.
- Develop search strategy for roles as necessary, including creating a target list of competitor companies, identifying names of passive candidates and forecasting the time frame of the search
- Use hiring metrics to develop new and more efficient hiring solutions
- Lead Dave’s staffing strategy in partnership with leadership and People Department
- Determine and define attractive and competitive job offers with input from key stakeholders
- Innovate and implement selection strategies that support an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Improve and enrich our candidate database with relevant and timely information about high-priority hires
- Stay current on business objectives and challenges, in addition to other tech companies with relevant tech stack and products
- Attract, influence and convert hard to find passive talent by understanding the fintech landscape, competitive demographics, and employer value proposition
- Evaluate and implement the most effective methods to attract, market, engage with and network in the relevant communities to build a talent pipeline
- Work in partnership with leadership to iterate on Dave’s Employer Value Proposition and implement it on candidate-facing platforms to highlight Dave as the Best Place to Work in LA
- Define and thoughtfully facilitate a world class candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring teams to drive recruiting efforts, increase hiring efficacy, and improve process efficiency, including ATS and other process workflows
- Employ innovative sourcing channels to convert hard to find passive talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources and networking
- Consult with and advise clients on talent needs; design and execute recruitment strategies around those needs
- Maintain a high level of transparency and communication with hiring managers in person and via the ATS
- You’ve been a full-cycle recruiter for 5+ years, with technical recruiting experience and ideally some business recruiting experience.
- You’ve worked at least 2 years in-house at an organization in a highly competitive technical talent landscape.
- Previous experience staffing and “selling” the benefits of working at a fast-growing start-up organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to switch gears as priorities change and influence accordingly.
- Applicable Technologies: Lever or comparable Applicant Tracking Software; Research Tools including Linkedin, Boolean and Deep Web search skills.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate ideas effectively to a broad variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.