SVP People/CPO at Factual
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide. We are actively seeking a SVP People/CPO to join our team.
This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will partner closely with the executive team and other leaders across the company. Factual is a fast-growing, global organization with approximately 150 employees.
About the Role:
As the SVP People/CPO you will be a key, strategic leader at Factual. We are seeking a highly personable, driven, dynamic individual with a real passion for people. You will be responsible for developing a world-class employee experience for our global team. We believe in the importance of using data to guide your work. You are fluent in organizational development, employee relations, compensation program design and administration, workforce management, diversity and inclusion and you have a consistent track record of building employee programs that support a high-performance culture. You are a thoughtful, compelling communicator who is comfortable in the public eye and behind the scenes. You are up to date on the latest people operations trends and have a progressive outlook on performance and employee development. In this role, you will maintain a strategic and high-level perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally.
- Lead the strategic direction of the HR function at Factual; oversee all people-related programs and processes.
- Work alongside company leaders to understand the organization and people needs, build effective strategies grounded in data to support those needs.
- Support leaders in identifying performance and engagement opportunities, identify trends from talent planning, performance management, and develop strategies to address gaps.
- Design, create and implement training programs.
- Lead groups across the organization through difficult situations, employee relations, mediating discussions, and performance management issues.
- Design and implement performance management processes and systems.
- Audit and ensure company compliance with changing employment laws.
- Develop competitive compensation and benefits programs, conduct annual review and re-evaluation of compensation packages.
- Thoughtfully communicate the status of key initiatives and programs to all levels of the company.
- Coach leaders in developing organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Executive Team.
- Minimum 8+ years of HR experience of increasing responsibility in a high growth organization.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred.
- Well versed in current HR regulations and compliance.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Experience in a global technology-centric company or building engineering-centric cultures
- Proven organizational development experience
- Experience in developing consultative relationships, including the ability to influence decision makers.
- Confident, capable leader with a proven record of success that is approachable and capable of working with people at all levels.
- Experience building and leading strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment of constant change.
- Proficient in various HR tools and applications.
- Background in tech startups is highly preferred.
- SHRM_SCP or HRCI certification a plus.