Deluxe Entertainment Services Group (Deluxe) is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology to move content from lens to screen. Through unmatched scale and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for premium content. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators. Deluxe fosters a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration, reflecting our company values, which are:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
Deluxe currently has an opening for SVP People.
Context & Structure
The role is part of the world-wide people organization which supports the global Distribution & Corporate functions of Deluxe and reports to Deluxe’s General Counsel / CAO. The SVP People leads a global team with a presence in Burbank, EMEA, India, Canada and Australia. The global People Business Partners and a global People Operations team work together to pro-actively support the business in all stages of the employee life cycle and the on-going strategic agenda.
The SVP People is an executive leadership role responsible for developing the strategic and operational direction for the Global People Team, building strong relationships and aligning the People agenda to the goals and vision of the organization.
- Play a foundational role in developing best practice across the employee life cycle to fully support the overall business strategy.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the senior leadership team, influencing business strategy and effectively driving the People agenda.
- Establish SLAs and people metrics to enable measurement and reporting on the effectiveness and impact of the team.
- Lead the Global People Operations and Business Partner functions to provide strong customer service and support to the business via consistent global policies and work-flows.
- Lead the implementation of technology & automation agenda to develop a more self-service culture across all regions and provide measurement and people data.
- Lead the Global Compensation and Benefits team, in partnership with the Company’s CFO, to support global initiatives such as the annual merit review and incentive program design.
- Lead the global Talent Acquisition team to deliver a talent pipeline as defined with the business.
- Lead the People agenda to support any strategic business initiatives including organization design and change management.
- Ensure that the Global People Team interacts with the business in an insightful and knowledgeable way, ensuring they possess a complete understanding of our business, challenges, and industry to enable them to better anticipate the needs of their client groups.
- Ensure communications and messaging on People initiatives are coordinated and support the People objectives embracing Deluxe’s mission, vision and values.
- Be a role model and trusted partner within the business, upholding Company values, supporting and coaching the senior management team to be strong leaders and deliver against their business goals and deliverables.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding academic credentials, Master’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience, including oversight of a large People team based across global regions with full budgetary responsibility.
- Experience effectively delivering in a fast moving, technology business, with exposure to the media and entertainment industry preferred.
- Proven success supporting business transformation on a global scale.
- Demonstrated experience leading all aspects of a People agenda - Partnering, People Operations, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and some Learning & Development.
- Experience working with operations and shared service teams and establishing People reporting and metrics on a global scale.
- Impactful presence, pragmatic and versatile in approach and able to build excellent relationships at all levels of the business in order to influence and positively impact the business.
- Motivated self-starter, responsible, detail-oriented, organized, able to work independently and to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to “own” and manage projects, dynamically problem solve and manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Has implemented and worked with modern, automated ways of working and managing a Global People Team and People Agenda.
We offer competitive benefits programs, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more. Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.