Sr. Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist at Golden Hippo
Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Sr. Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist who will be responsible for supporting Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development from a Program and Administrative perspective. This person will be instrumental in “attracting” and “growing” top talent to Golden Hippo while facilitating a delightful candidate and employee experience.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Manage New Employee Orientation and onboarding
- Support TA team with screening resumes in ATS as well source for candidates on external job boards
- Support with phone screens and managing entry-level positions full lifecycle recruitment process as needed
- Support creating, launching, and monitoring employee surveys
- Manage New Employee programs: Onboarding and Hippo Buddy
- Auditing L&D New Employee Supplies and coordinate with receptionist to ensure timely delivery
- Manage and launch annual Summer Internship Program
- Maintain college recruitment list up to date and coordinate networking events for Internship Recruitment efforts
- Compile reports for TA & L&D metrics
- Launch and administer anti-harassment training to new employees across multiple locations; maintain reporting
- Support TA Coordinator with their duties in their absence
- Responsible for employee referral bonus program; contact candidate referrals, track and forward referrals to Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Conduct professional reference checks for potential hires when needed
- Other special projects as assigned
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years’ administrative experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role, for example Recruitment Coordinator or HR admin/coordinator. Preferably in a high-growth, fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, must be able to define priorities and follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain multiple reporting relationships; this role is across multiple HR functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize responsibilities, identify and resolve problems, and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office products, internet databases and social media sites.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment but also is a self-starter and can work well independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote