Sr. HR Business Partner
Build a high-performing team. Our People Operations team achieves this mission by recruiting the right talent, equipping them with the right resources to make an impact, and growing our Titans into the right career paths that best match their individual talents and interests. We are united in our passion and desire to unlock the extraordinary potential of every single person in our organization: so that we may lose, learn, and win as a team. Every day is an opportunity for change; and for our People Operations team - it is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the employee lives we touch.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
The ServiceTitan Employee Experience (HR) team is laying down the foundations to scale the organization while maintaining the fun and genuine spirit of teamwork and strong performance to achieve employee and customer success. We are growing and looking to add an Employee Experience (Human Resources) Generalist to the team, who has been exposed to scaling a company, while touching each step of the employee lifecycle. This position will play a critical role by serving as a key business partner to departments to work on HR-related opportunities and resolve challenges and in paving the way for best-in-class employee experience processes and practices. Ideal candidates will have experience with start-up organizations and a solid generalist background.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the key business partner to a subset of ServiceTitan Departments for all things HR, including but not limited to employee relations, organizational development, performance development, and more.
- Be primary HR point of contact with business client groups, meeting regularly and acting as a consultant to provide guidance when necessary.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Shared Services group to develop solutions, interventions, and programs.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to direct managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention by leveraging Employee Experience programs in place.
- Work to constantly understand the broader context of People Operations and the overall ServiceTitan business to continuously raise the impact of the overall PeopleOps function and ServiceTitan through constant learning and effective partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders that result in optimum quality of programs and results delivered.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 5 - 7 years of progressive HR experience, with a focus on consultative business partnering.
- Ability to manage and resolve sensitive employee relations issues balancing employee experience and the business effectively.
- General HR knowledge in the areas of compensation, performance management, and talent and career development.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information.
- Out of this world customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and actioning.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic problem solver and opportunity seeker who is always striving to make things better for the organization to drive performance, retention, and employee sentiment up.
- Natural curiosity and grit - you love a challenge and will not give up when things get hard. You will search high and low for a solution and find new and innovative ways to get things done.
- A strong work ethic with utmost integrity.
- A no problem, make it happen attitude - you manage to get the work done, and do it all with a smile.
- Self-starter, forward thinking planner.
- Organized and with a sense of urgency - strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and detail.
- Belief that everything you do impacts our people and customers.
- Genuinely enjoy collaboration and are invested in individual and team success.
- Desire to make an impact and be a part of a talented group of people who learn from each other.
Bonus points if..
- You are familiar with UltiPro.
- You’ve worked with the Google suite.
- You’ve experienced working in a startup or tech company.
- Outstanding ping pong skills are also a plus.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017