Senior Workday Analyst
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The HRIS team supports development and ongoing maintenance of multiple, complex global HR systems, including Workday. This team works directly with internal customers to answer questions, fulfill requests, troubleshoot and resolve system issues, provide recommendations, and manage system enhancements and updates. The Senior Workday Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day run support of Workday.
- Provide techno/functional support for Workday by managing ongoing configuration, design and maintenance.
- Assist in analyzing current processes and systems for overall effectiveness and recommend plans for continued process improvements and systems enhancements to support business strategies and operational needs.
- Serve as subject matter expert and effectively communicate system capabilities on Workday's Human Capital Management and Absence Management.
- Liaise between customers and third-party vendors for integration support when necessary.
- Perform system tests and audits for data accuracy, integrity, functionality, system releases, enhancements and fixes.
- Assists with development of new reports, metrics, queries and dashboards to support stakeholder needs.
- Review, analyze and create detailed documentation of business processes and systems functionality, including workflow, program functions and steps required to execute systems transactions/processes.
- Understanding of Employee Life Cycle administration and HR business processes.
- Assess technology needs, develop and document business requirements and functional specifications, develop test conditions, conduct acceptance testing and implement solutions.
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail as well as follow through ability, strong analytical/problem-solving skills, and sound judgement.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and exercise appropriate judgment.
- Team-oriented attitude balanced with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in cross functional groups, across multiple countries.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Human Resources field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Workday; technology for HR, payroll, recruiting and learning management systems
- Experience with Workday, including business processes, reports, worker history, testing and security
- Experience with HR compliance, HR operations, audit and data privacy a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree, in Business, Human Resources, related field or work equivalent
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.