Senior People Business Partner, West at sweetgreen
Sweetgreen’s People team is seeking a Senior People Business Partner, West
Location: LA, TX or CHI (TBD)
The Senior People Business Partner, West will own the strategic people plan and work in partnership with our Regional, VP West.
As a member of the People Team, you will serve as a strategic People leader supporting sweetgreen’s field operations leadership, salaried and hourly team members. Your role is critical to creating a win, win, win environment where our team members, our leaders and our company thrives. This position will serve as a trusted advisor and build leadership capabilities at every level.
We are looking for a leader who is able to influence and develop our teams using objective diagnosis, data-driven recommendations, and a consultative approach. This leader will help us advance an inclusive environment, coaching leaders through challenging situations and advocating for our team member experience.
What You’ll Do
Leadership + Culture
- Build strong and trusting departmental and cross-functional relationships to support a culture that aligns with our core values
- Design and execute effective people strategies for developing talent to build our bench and future operations leaders
- Manage, mentor, coach, and grow people team members to align with business needs
- Lead workforce planning routines for multiple levels of leadership
- Support the New Restaurant Opening (NRO) strategy with people needs assessment and placement
- Establish innovative strategies to improve upon the diversity and strength of our talent
- Plan for talent moves and identify internal, external, pipeline and bench candidates
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Operations team to ensure staffing goals align with business objectives
- Build leadership capabilities to ensure people practices comply with sweetgreen handbook, federal, state and local laws
- Lead and/or consult on employee relations investigations and provide recommendations on resolution
- Support the development and evolution of company policies and training that address people priorities
- Utilize business insights and trends in reporting to inform strategies to improve retention and engagement
- Partner with HR Operations to leverage data, dashboards, & data visualization tools to evaluate development and hiring processes and ensure all diversity targets are met
- Define, track and analyze people metrics and develop practical tracking and reporting methods to monitor and improve performance, establish goals/ KPIs to drive success
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 7+ years of experience working in an HR business partner role
- Experience leading and developing a team of HR professionals
- Organizational development expertise to inform recommendations and decision-making
- Experience working with a multi-state employer and large hourly population
- Ability to navigate complexity and successfully lead change initiatives
- Experienced in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, and quickly building trust with teams and leaders
- Natural problem solver who gains energy from creating solutions
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR
- Multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership to protect the brand
- Travel in market and out of market a minimum of 25% of the time
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.