Senior Payroll Manager at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:12 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, September 5, 2020
GOAT Group is seeking a Senior Payroll Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and processing multi-state and global payroll for 500+ employees. This includes handling garnishments, taxes and deductions, and all activities to maintain compliance with federal, state and local labor laws (i.e., rest and meal breaks, overtime rules, review of quarterly tax filings, etc).
The Senior Payroll Manager will have a prominent role in ensuring accuracy with current payroll practices, and will seek opportunities to upgrade internal processes and controls to ensure efficiency as the company scales. This includes design and implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement and best practice operations.
This position will work closely with the People Operations and Accounting teams to improve overall processes, and will also serve as the escalation point for payroll issues. This position will report to the Associate Director, Total Rewards & People Operations.
In this role you will:
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll for 500+ employees, across the US and China, ensuring timely and accurate submission, while maintaining and updating timekeeping systems and records as needed.
- Ensure payroll and tax compliance standards are applied for international, federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Conduct a review and audit of current processes and practices for our biweekly and monthly payroll cycles, and identify gaps and make recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with the People Ops team to serve as a payroll SME for the implementation of a new timekeeping system and practices.
- Lead payroll projects including tax audits, worker’s compensation audits, and any other payroll related initiatives.
- Support the 401(k) administrative function (processing contributions and ensuring file feeds are running as expected), and partner with the People Ops team on annual 401k audits.
- Provide payroll and compensation reporting as needed to support ad hoc management analysis.
- Research complex payroll issues, drawing on expertise from online research tools, the legal and tax departments and external service providers
- Support accounting with payroll related matters as needed
We are looking for:
- 8+ years of payroll experience.
- Proficiency using UltiPro for payroll processing.
- Experience working with a payroll size of 500+ employees with a large hourly workforce, including multi-state and international.
- Proven understanding of payroll best practices and tax requirements, with an understanding of how payroll transactions impact the general ledger and other reporting.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner and build collaborative working relationships with employees.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset and a high sense of urgency.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description