Senior Manager, Employee Relations at sweetgreen
Senior Manager, Employee Relations
As a member of the People Team, you will serve as a strategic ER leader on the People Team supporting sweetgreen’s salaried and hourly team members. Your role is critical to creating a win, win, win environment where our team members, our leaders and our company thrives.
What You’ll Lead (Essential Functions of the Role)
- Lead complex investigations for our field and corporate teams on employee relations matters and potential policy violations to evaluate and effectively address issues and recommend resolutions.
- Partner with People Business Partners, Field Leadership, Legal Team and other investigative parties as required to thoroughly conduct investigations and reach the best outcomes for our organization and employees. Provide reporting on themes and trends from cases.
- Partner with our Technology and Biz Apps teams to scope, design, and implement a case management system which improves tracking, investigating, escalation, and analyzing trends, to anticipate opportunities for further training and action.
- Build incredible cross-functional partnerships to support a culture that aligns with our core values.
- Act on proactive and reactive case work, support training as needed to address trends and learning gaps with the leadership team.
- Partner with the compliance team to mitigate risk through conducting audits and leading regional initiatives.
- Support the development of company policies and training that addresses people priorities and proper reporting / escalation of potential policy violations.
What You’ll Bring (From the Farm) to the Table (Job Qualifications & Requirements):
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree and/or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
- 6+ years direct experience in employee relations
- 2+ years experience specifically working with an hourly workforce
- Ability to navigate complexity in a regional capacity and successfully lead change initiatives
- Prior restaurant or retail experience highly desired
- Prior experience implementing a case management system highly desired
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bilingual (Spanish) required
- Role model for integrity and champions culture.
- Experienced in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, and quickly building trust amongst teams and leaders.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and able to embrace and promote the company's Core Values in your compliance solutions.
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership to protect the brand.
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time.
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes.
- Appreciates ambiguity and autonomy in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Proven attention to detail; extremely organized.
- Ability to travel throughout the field approximately 50% of the time.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.