Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
This position aligns business objectives with People Operations initiatives to deliver value-added service to leaders in achievement of the organization’s goals. We seek a strategic mindset, a results orientation, and proven operational excellence. This role will be supporting the following functions: Design, Marketing, Operations, Revenue, and Talent.
This role is a consultant and partner to management on people and organizational matters. The Sr. HRBP acts as a change agent, role modeling and leading the business forward. The role assesses and anticipates business unit-level HR needs, then communicates those needs proactively with our People Operations department and company leadership. The HRBP then develops integrated, modern solutions collaboratively, with the appropriate stakeholders. The Sr HRBP develops strong business acumen about the business unit’s financial position, plans, culture, and challenges. The position may include international HR responsibilities for small groups in Canada and Spain.
This role is located at the Irvine, CA office - we are remote for now.
The impact you'll make:
- Talent management – succession development, workforce planning, location strategy, assessment of internal / external talent landscape and needs
- Strategic advisor, influencer, and coach to leaders in the organization
- Thought partner and facilitator of organization design and effectiveness
- Organization development – learning, leadership development, manager capability
- Change leadership
- Champion for culture, values, inclusion & belonging
- Participating in the development, business delivery and evaluation of people programs: rewards cycles, surveys, talent reviews, and more!
- Analyzes and acts upon opportunities demonstrated within trends and metrics, in partnership with People Operations
- Coaches leaders through complex employee relations issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks, partnering with legal team
- Provides performance management expertise to people leaders in the areas of coaching, career development, intervention actions and more
- Coach management on matters of workplace dynamics, morale, productivity, retention, and growth
- Identifies training and coaching needs for business units and individuals.
What you've accomplished:
- 5 years of experience in a HRBP role
- Previous tech start-up experience
- Experience with the unique challenges of a successful remote workforce
- Bachelor’s degree and active HR certification
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive - recognizes & addresses needs before they arise
- Committed to confidentiality: can be trusted with highly sensitive and confidential information, default conduct exemplifies integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence
- Master negotiator and influencer
- International HR experience (Preferred)
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, natural hair or hairstyle, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Boston, Denver, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!