GumGum’s People team is a trusted business partner who empowers GumGummers’ growth and success, fosters strong employee engagement and exemplifies our company values. Our Goal is to create the best possible work experience for all GumGummers.
At the highest level, GumGum’s HRBP team has responsibility to support the business talent agenda and program initiatives; career management, talent retention, performance management plans, diversity and inclusion, and compensation planning. This role will also be dedicated support for an assigned division and provide high quality coaching and advisory support to leaders in order to optimize the employee experience and commercial outcomes for GumGum.
In addition, the Sr. HRBP will facilitate the Leadership processes and support leaders on strategic and tactical people matters.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- People Strategy:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of localized people strategies for assigned client groups while maintaining alignment to GumGum’s overall strategic direction
- Influence and contribute to GumGum’s overall people strategy and any policy development and be responsible for implementation within client groups
- Develop specific people plans to support any localized people matters and be able to measure the commercial impact over time
- Talent Management:
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provide guidance and input on organizational design, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Leverage metrics and insights to inform recommendations on people practices
- Deliver insights and reports to leadership as needed
- Draft and edit job descriptions, advise on compensation, and collaborate with talent acquisition and hiring managers on interviewing and advising on selection
- Employee Relations:
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations when needed
- Counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law matters related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Consult with external employment law attorneys as needed/required
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Employee Engagement, Development & Retention:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Design and manage change management and communications plans
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs; may deliver training programs as needed
- Coaching & Consulting:
- Conduct regular, pro-active meetings with employees, managers and leaders to develop, assess, and anticipate HR related needs
- Provide consultative guidance and support to the business as they evolve HR and people practices
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement)
- Help manage the performance management and compensation planning
- Project Lead
- Lead and support the alignment of business initiatives with employees and management for key strategic People Operations Projects as assigned
- HR Expertise:
- Establish leadership presence, credibility and trustworthiness across GumGum
- Partner with GumGum People Ops team across benefits, HRIS, training, compliance and communications to deliver HR solutions and to coach and mentor more junior team members
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to a high standard of professional conduct
- Keep pulse on HR and industry trends
- Degree qualified in Commerce (HR Management), Psychology or similar
- At least 5 years' relevant HR and employee relations experience preferably across multiple verticals and includes technology or deeply technical client groups
- Hands-on experience and working knowledge across multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Significant experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Seasoned consulting skills and advanced negotiator with all levels of the organization
- Uses commercial acumen and ability to link best in class people solutions to commercial outcomes
- Experienced workshop facilitator and intermediate Learning and Development planning.
- Change Management and communication expert
- Detailed understanding of organizational design and workforce planning
- Ability to develop thorough talent planning and management solutions
- Advanced understanding of employee engagement and retention strategies
- Is a credible business activist and can build and maintain effective business relationships
- Is able to have a point of view about the business and challenge assumptions and take initiative
- Can exercising a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Excellent judgement and self awareness
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)