Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist
Golden Hippo Media is looking for an experienced Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist to join our Woodland Hills team. Recently voted one of the best places to work in LA, we are a fast growing, online direct-to-consumer marketing organization, with over 900 employees in four different locations. Golden Hippo currently run some of the most popular health and wellness offers in the online space.
The Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist will manage full-cycle recruiting efforts and the candidate/new hire experience for the Golden Hippo’s office. This role will build relationships and work closely with hiring managers on their hiring needs, sourcing and screening candidates, arranging for interviews, making offers and utilizing the applicant tracking system (ATS) to support all phases of recruiting as well as support with the onboarding and orientation of all new hires.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you definitely have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
Maintain a portfolio of open positions and manage full-cycle recruiting efforts to include:
- Analyze open positions and develop a recruitment strategy in conjunction with the Hiring Manager.
- Utilize ATS to post positions on company site and other appropriate websites.
- Source candidates for open positions through advertising, networking, database searches and other means as deemed necessary & appropriate.
- Reviews resumes.
- Conduct screening interviews & schedule interviews for Hiring Managers and Executives as needed.
- Manage the candidate experience throughout the entire recruiting process up to the start date of each hired candidate.
- Manage the onboarding experience for new hires, being the point of contact for the new hiring during their first day, conduct new hire orientations, new hire check-ins and other tasks aligned with the onboarding program.
- Make and negotiate the offer.
- Process paperwork as necessary, to include background check information.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience. In-house recruiting experience preferred.
- As a representative of Human Resources, this position should have a working knowledge of policies and procedures, including labor & employment laws.
- Knowledge of negotiating contracts or employment offers.
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office products, internet databases and social media sites. Knowledge and skills in using an ATS system is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast pace environment is a must.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, you can define priorities and follow through.