Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Our People Services Specialist will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the recruitment and human capital management process. This is an exciting opportunity for an extraordinary performer who demonstrates excellent communication skills, is well organized, and seeking to be part of a fast-growing technology company.
You likely have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in people services or recruiting support roles with more than 5 years of experience within start-up companies
- Strong ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism - can interface with all levels of the organization as a primary point of contact for team
- Can multi-task and work in a fast-paced energetic environment
- Works independently as well as in a team environment
What you will do:
- Acts as a brand ambassador for Metropolis, ensuring that all job candidates have a first-class experience with the organization while acting as an evangelist for the company’s mission, culture, and policies/procedures
- Conduct preliminary review of job applicant resumes and recommend top-qualified to the appropriate Recruiter and Hiring Managers; conduct preliminary phone screens for assigned positions
- Support the recruitment process by posting external job openings, coordinating and scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and initiating background checks
- Own a newly created employee referral program, influencing leadership and team members to set the tone with promoting the organization to attract more passive talent; act as a point of contact for employee referrals, conduct informational phone screens, track and enter notes into the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), direct referrals to the appropriate Recruiter, and communicate back to referring employee
- Serve as an Administrator and super-user for the Lever Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and ensure that all Recruiters and Hiring Managers are appropriately trained, and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations;
- Partner with recruiters to develop talent pools and research, source, and maintain ecosystems of potential passive candidates for key functional areas and positions for succession planning
- Schedule and facilitate employee onboarding including logistics, trainings, and key introductory meetings; create a content library of resources to most effectively bring new hires up to speed
- Draft offer letters and coordinate execution of all onboarding documents, including confidentiality agreements and other agreements
- Maintain and update new hire onboarding presentation with a constant eye for opportunities to improve content for the best possible new hire experience
- Identify appropriate in-office workspaces and ensure the space is clean and welcoming for candidates and new hires
- Create system account credentials, ensure technology and communications systems are appropriately configured, and ensure in-office workstations have all necessary technology
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits