People Operations Manager
Weedmaps is looking for a People Operations Manager to drive the day-to-day operations of our growing People Ops team. We’re looking for a hands-on, tech savvy, solutions-oriented professional, capable of executing on tough decisions when needed. This person will be heavily experienced with successfully running projects from A-Z, while having a full-spectrum of employee relations experience, from coaching to legal and compliance matters. This person needs to be agile, flexible, and comfortable in a fluid, fast-growing, fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to work on everything from building People Ops processes and strategies from the ground up, to partnering with Talent to build a talent brand and company culture.
- Build smart, efficient processes where they are absent, and optimize those in existence
- Manage, mentor, and grow multiple direct reports on the People Ops team.
- Strategize, develop, and execute employee relations programs; including professional growth management, 1:1 training, and leadership training
- Partner with Talent, Legal, and Operations to ensure highest quality People Ops practices and processes
- Provide guidance, leadership, and structure to the People Ops team
- Achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Navigate leaders through a variety of organizational changes
- Act with the employee experience in mind, constantly seeking feedback, finding ways to make improvements and maintaining great relationships based on trust and respect
- Understand the internal landscape of People Ops; our culture, values and our current processes, having a clear perspective on how everything fits together
- Diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and drive appropriate solutions
- Develops reporting procedures and methods to establish accountability and measure success
- Review offer packages to ensure compliance
- Monitor policy decisions to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management; Psychology or Business related discipline
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of all functional areas of Human Resources typically gained through at least 8 years of progressive Human Resource experience
- Demonstrated experience a trusted advisor to management regarding human resource issues
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Demonstrated experience managing staff through facilitated learning and mentorship
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment and navigate leaders through a variety of organizational changes.
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and drive appropriate solutions.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Startup experience
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!