People Operations Manager
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the People Ops Manager will be a critical member of the People Leadership team helping to facilitate the strategic vision for the department and help manage the day to day operations of key department initiatives.
You will own the management, coordination and tracking of the People Team’s strategic and critical deliverables. Think of this role as the air traffic controller for the people function: you will be responsible for ensuring all People team projects are completed in an orderly and expeditious way, delivering with the right scope of work and with business enhancing outcomes.
You will use your project management background to maximize business value through working closely with our Tech, Digital, Operations, Strategy and R&D teams and managing all stakeholders.
Core Work Activities
People Program Management:
- Work to define the scope, timeline, and deliverables of key people team objectives to be delivered across the business
- Plan, track, and report on project timelines to keep all stakeholders informed
- Determine resource needs, allocates resources, and identifies and communicates resource risks to ensure program success cross functionally
- Track program spend to budget
- Document and communicate project requirements
- Proactively measure and mitigate risk with consideration for fallback plans
- Liaise cross-functionally with the operations, digital, tech and other functional project managers to ensure the entire scope of deliverables is on track and coordinated
- Ensure project completion criteria have been met
- Conduct closure and post mortem processes including auditing process and bringing to life insights as to what did and didn’t work.
- Manage the day-to-day of select projects
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external partners to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans, ensure successful ways of working, and the subsequent success of long-term goals
- Collaborate with department specific project managers, ops managers and stakeholders in order to maintain an awareness of cross functional dependencies
Communication and Workflow Management:
- Provide consistent and meaningful exec-level program status reporting to ensure strong communication and stakeholder management
- Prepare the CPO for internal and external meetings – e.g. provide updates, compile data, create reports, etc.
- Plan and organize People related business meetings; attend meetings and manage follow-up/action items
- Develop and manage presentation materials for internal use
- Support the workload of the Chief of Staff by managing information flow, resolving issues, providing analysis and advice on key issues, etc.
Desired Experience + Traits
- 5+ years in a People/HR role
- 5+ years program management, project management, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in working with technology teams and their delivery excellence, ideally
- Project management and execution of strategic plans
- Experience in delivering high profile cross functional projects
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally to meet deliverables
- Organizational skills to manage competing demands and ensure timely implementation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technology based proficiency
- Excellent business writing skills
- Experience with change control and change management as well as escalation management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint/Keynote; Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.