Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense — a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a People Operations Lead to join our People team and help support our rapidly growing, geographically dispersed business. This position will oversee all of our people operations processes as well as delegate tasks to a small team of HR support employees. The People Operations Supervisor is a highly visible and important role within Clutter - this person will help ensure that our People Operations function remains well-structured and provides a positive, consistent employee experience to all team members.
What you'll do:
- Manage, train, and develop a team of 2-4 HR Generalists and Coordinators
- Serve as People Team contact for ongoing management of worker’s compensation claims, including reviewing medical documentation, leading the Return to Work process, and partnering with our Safety Director and operations leadership on litigated claims
- Monitor and report on a range of HR compliance metrics (e.g. I-9 compliance, meal periods, final pay, etc.)
- Play a key role in advising on and resolving a wide range of employee relations issues
- Improve and standardize people operations processes across the network to ensure consistent execution and compliance at all times
- Conduct and lead complex, high-risk and/or sensitive confidential investigations related to employee issues and claims; prepare investigative summaries and make recommendations on next steps and appropriate actions
- Own and complete various ad hoc people operations projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, HR Administration, or a related field preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience in human resources or related field
- Strong experience in a wide range of human resources functions, including worker's compensation, employee relations, leave of absence policies, and legal compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to manage and analyze data using Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience managing other HR team members preferred
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.