People Operations Generalist
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Marriott, Verizon, Greystar, Dickies, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
The People Operations Generalist serves in a hands-on role providing outstanding service and support to our Human Resources team. They are go-to problem solvers, and have ability to process multiple tasks with competing deadlines. They have a meticulous attention to detail and enjoy creating streamlined processes and improving efficiency to accommodate an ever-changing environment.
We're looking for a confident, "go-getter" generalist to play a direct role in our team's success. You must be comfortable in a fast-paced yet fun environment.
Our HR team is making a difference every day! At Wpromote, we are passionate about making things better for our organization and our employees. We care about people, growth, excellence, collaboration and results. We are in search of real people that believe in delivering the impossible every day.
You Will Be:
- Managing new hire onboarding process in collaboration with other office team members
- Assists the HR team in addressing HR concerns/inquiries from all locations
- Interprets, educates and provides support and counsel on HR policies as necessary; ensures fair and consistent application of company policies, procedures, federal and state laws
- Partners closely with Sr. HR Managers to resolve employee relations quickly and advise business unit leaders of appropriate corrective action
- Assist during the annual performance and merit review process to ensure accurate implementation and timely completion
- Assists with conducting voluntary and involuntary terminations; collecting and compiling appropriate paperwork and documentation
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations impacting human resource functions and ensure that policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists with maintaining the company Intranet to ensure all documents are current.
- May be required to conduct new hire orientations, sexual harassment and safety training sessions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Administering multi-state payroll records: Makes payroll changes as needed; responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner and trouble-shoots payroll and benefits concerns.
- Auditing time and attendance system for integrity
- Helping processes and produce bi-weekly payroll utilizing the Paycom system.
- Processing garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, third party sick pay and worker compensation reports.
- Supporting year-end audit preparation and W-2 verification and mailing.
- Ensureing state and local compliance and payroll accuracy
- Administering health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company.
- Processing monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Coordinating with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance issues. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Assisting with annual open enrollment by helping produce and distribute information, communicating with the carriers, and auditing enrollment information. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Serving as primary contact in the benefits audit process.
- Auditing systems to check for discrepancies and ensure accuracy.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field
- Minimum of three years of exempt level work experience working in HR
- Minimum of three years of payroll and benefits administration. Experience with Paycom a must.
- Demonstrable customer service skills.
- General HR knowledge and experience in the areas of employee/labor relations, compensation, non-exempt and exempt statuses, benefits, including employment law and HR industry practices.
- General knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to HR industry practices (e.g., FLSA, FMLA/CFRA, ADA, EEO/AA, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with employees at all levels in an HR capacity.
- Demonstrated experience providing guidance and consultation regarding policy and procedures to staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with varied projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Proven problem-solving ability, analytical skills, and experience providing recommendations based on assessment.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and actively support change initiatives in a positive manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Google Docs/Sheets
- Knowledge and experience with HR management systems and other HR software applications to track information and generate reports.