People Operations Coordinator at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Apeel seeks a passionate and talented People Operations Coordinator to play a key role in creating and spearhead our multi-day New Hire Orientation and provide a welcome and engaging onboarding experience for all staff. The People Operations Coordinator will assist in daily People Operations responsibilities and be the ultimate team player in support of both technical and non-technical staff. This position will assist hiring managers in crafting successful onboarding plans for employees and help create robust training programs. This role will also gather and analyze quarterly company performance data and help hiring managers continue to coach and develop their teams.
What You'll Do
- Schedule, coordinate and continue to build upon Apeel’s multi-day New Hire Orientation
- Assist hiring managers in curating and implementing successful 30-60-90 plans
- Spearhead scalable and repeatable employee training programs
- Issue surveys and complete 30 day in person check-ins for all new employees
- Create and issue formal job descriptions for new employees and promoted employees
- Review Quarterly Performance Assessments and Peer Reviews and make coaching and development recommendations for managers and employees
- Help the People & Culture team continue to build company policies and procedures and assist with Global Mobility
- Represent Apeel Sciences at local HR Networking Events and Community Gatherings
What You Bring
- 1+ years of experience as a Human Resources Assistant, Coordinator, Generalist, Office Manager or similar. Combination of work experience and Human Resources focused education also considered.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- People-centric mindset with the desire to build meaningful relationships in the workplace
- Skilled at fully owning projects in a fast-paced environment
- Astonishingly curious and consistently questioning old practices with the drive to introduce new perspectives to improve current HR policies and processes
- Truly embodies the phrase, “no job too big or too small”
- Experience working or interning within a high growth start-up environment preferred
- Experience with Global Business Operations a plus
- Conversational Spanish language skills preferred
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.