People Operations Coordinator
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You are passionate about creating an exceptional employee experience and see recruiting and people ops as the foundations for the journey that our HopSkipDrive team is on together. You flex between the details and the dialogue, balancing responsibilities across diverse systems accurately and efficiently while ensuring there is a high-touch human approach to the work you do. You are approachable and trusted - knowing when to listen, when to act and when confidentiality or privacy are the top priority.
You epitomize our values and champion the business and team navigating diverse scenarios, competing priorities, unexpected challenges and changes with patience, grace and an open mind. You’ll bring a curiosity for the related responsibilities, a desire to increasingly improve your skills, the drive to get work done on time and accurately and the humility to know when to ask for help.
Reporting to the Sr. People Operations Manager, you’ll be an active contributor to core People Ops (HR) and recruiting processes and a partner across the organization. You’ll have a front row seat and the opportunity to support the growth and success of one of LA’s most exciting startups.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Learn, master and take ownership of key people ops activities including administration of our benefit (enrollments, qualifying life events, payroll changes, communications with our PEO and carriers)
- Maintain accurate HR data and make relevant and timely changes for key employee events including promotions, pay/title/reporting changes, terminations, leaves of absence, etc.
- Assist with the onboarding of our growing team including initiating background checks, completing I-9s and coordinating and/or facilitating portions of new hire orientation
- Support various People Ops programs and cycles such as performance reviews, company meetings, trainings, surveys, etc.
- Support our recruiting efforts - posting jobs, calendaring a high volume of phone/in person interviews, booking candidate travel and ensuring that internal team members and candidates have a great experience
- Accurately complete a diverse set of HR and recruiting documents and follow proper retention guidelines
- Be a team player - step in to support office, HR, recruiting and team needs when necessary
- Experience in a People Ops or Recruiting role in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and tailor your messages appropriately regardless of the audience
- Ability to be resilient through high-stakes, tough conversations and competing priorities
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee questions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft and GSuite.
- Experience with HRIS and ATS tools, a plus.
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.