People Business Partner, Central at sweetgreen
Location: LA, TX or CHI (TBD)
Reports to: Sr. Business Partner, East + West
Primary Partner to: Market Director, Central + Area Leader team
The People Business Partner will work with various Field Operations leaders along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute people strategies and planning activities and work seamlessly with centers of excellence to help build the future of sweetgreen. This position will serve as a trusted advisor and build leadership capabilities.
We are looking for a leader who is able to influence and build capabilities in our field leaders, using objective diagnosis, data-driven recommendations, and a consultative approach to solutioning. This leader will help us advance an inclusive environment, coaching leaders through difficult situations and advocating for our team member experience, while keeping an eye towards our strategic vision for the people function and sg culture.
Our mission as a People Team is to obsess over the employee experience to enable sweetgreen employees to do the best work of their lives.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Lead workforce planning routines for multiple levels of leadership.
- Leverage data to help tell a compelling people story and deliver on key results
- Challenge placement, identify and support leaders with developmental strengths and areas of opportunity.
- Plan for talent moves and identify internal, external, pipeline and bench candidates.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Operations team to ensure staffing goals align with business objectives and market strategy.
- Support the New Restaurant Opening (NRO) strategy for your markets with people needs assessment and placement.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure sourcing and staffing strategies are in place to support the needs.
- Lead and/or consult on employee relations investigations and provide recommendations on resolution.
- Utilize business insights and trends in reporting to inform strategies to improve retention and engagement.
- Teach, coach and train leaders on cultivating an inclusive environment and balanced business.
- Support compensation and benefits programs and initiatives (annual salary planning process, salary surveys and analysis, benefit programs and employee services).
- Build collaborative cross-functional relationships to support a culture that aligns with our core values and drives our business forward
- Build leadership capabilities to ensure local people practices comply with sweetgreen handbook, federal, state and local laws.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop strategies targeted to mitigate risk and support the team member experience.
- Support the development and evolution of company policies and training that address people priorities.
- 5+ years of experience working in an HR business partner role
- Experience delivering a People Strategy to senior leaders
- Organizational development expertise to inform recommendations and decision-making
- Experience working with a multi-state employer and large hourly population a plus
- Ability to navigate complexity in a regional capacity and successfully lead change initiatives
- Experience leading the end-to-end execution of projects of all sizes
- Excellent communication skills
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Experienced in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, and quickly building trust amongst teams and leaders.
- Results-driven, intrinsically motivated with a passion for people and business.
- Role model for integrity and champions culture.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to embrace and promote company’s Core Values in your compliance solutions
- Natural problem solver who gains energy from creating solutions • Sound judgement and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR.
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time.
- Has a passion for navigating complex employee relations situations.
- Appreciates ambiguity and autonomy in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership to protect the brand
Ability to travel in market and out of market a minimum of 25% of the time.
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.